Four tips for a hassle-free move
Ask the right questions. Here are a few questions to ask when determining if they’re the right company for the job:
- Do they have liability insurance? While many companies have insurance, their plans often do not cover things that you have packed yourself.
- Will they do an in-person assessment before providing an estimate? You may want to steer clear of a company that says they don’t need to look at your belongings before coming up with a quote.
- Who is responsible for damage or loss? Be sure that the information provided is included in your written contract, if you decide to go with that company.
- Will the moving company store your belongings at a facility for any amount of time? If so, be sure to visit the facility. Be wary if the company refuses to show you its storage space.
- Ask for references and check them!
- The mover’s name, address and contact information
- A description of the service(s) and their prices
- The total cost that you will have to pay, additional charges that may apply and taxes
- Start and end dates for the service
- The terms of payment (e.g., will you pay by credit, cash or cheque)
- All Entries (20)
- December 2019 (1)
- November 2019 (1)
- March 2019 (1)
- January 2018 (1)
- August 2017 (2)
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (5)
- December 2015 (1)
- October 2015 (1)
- September 2015 (1)